You can set up e-mail client software like Microsoft Office Outlook, for viewing your e-mails on your local computer, composing and sending new mails etc.
In this tutorial we will show you how to set up your e-mail account with Microsoft Outlook, which you have created in your hosting account cPanel. (To see how to configure your e-mail account using cPanel click this link)
1. To see what settings you should use for your e-mail account in Microsoft Outlook you can open the cPanel and open “Email Accounts”. After that open the “More” menu on the right of your e-mail account and click “Configure Email Client”.
2. You will find all the settings for your e-mail account in the “Manual Settings” section. There are two options to configure your e-mail client: using secure SSL/TLS settings (more secure) and using Non-SSL settings (simple).
3. Now you can open your Microsoft Outlook program and start the configuration (here you can see the 2010 version of the software). If you have not configured this software in your PC earlier, it will immediately proceed to the new e-mail account configuration page(step 4). If you have already configured another account, go to the “File”, then “Info” and click on “Add Account”.
4. Click on “Manual configure server settings or additional server types” and then click “Next”.
5. Leave the checkbox on “Internet E-mail” setting and click “Next”.
6. Here you will have to fill all the fields with the settings that you saw in step 2. Use in the field “Your Name” any name that you wish to be displayed as a sender name. Use your created email account instead of “[email protected]”. Use your domain name instead of example.am in “mail.example.am”. Check “Remember password” and uncheck “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” if it was checked before. After that click on “More Settings”.
7. At top of the opened window click on “Outgoing Server” tab.
8. Here you have to check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and leave checked “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”. After that click on “Advanced” tab.
9. Enter 110 in the “Incoming server (POP3)” field and 25 in the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” field (it should be set to these values by default). If you wish to leave copies of your messages on the server, then check “Leave a copy of messages on the server” box and under it specify number of days, after which these massages should be removed from the server. If you do not wish to leave copies of messages on the server, so that your “Mailbox Quota” won’t be exceeded as you get lots of e-mails, then you should uncheck “Leave a copy of massages on the server” box. By doing so Microsoft Outlook will download all of your e-mails to your computer and will remove them from the server. If you have finished your settings click “Ok”.
10. Now click “Next”.
11. Now Microsoft Outlook will test your settings and try to connect to the server. After that it will display results of this test in the window. If your configurations were exact, then you should see green checkmarks under the “Tasks” and under the “Status” will be displayed “Completed”. Click “Close”.
12. The setup is now completed. To start using your e-mail account click “Finish”.
Congratulations! You have finished setting up your Microsoft Outlook. Now you can start composing, sending and receiving e-mails.
This is the end of the tutorial. Now you know how to set up Microsoft Office Outlook to use your e-mail account.
If you have any difficulties configuring your e-mail accounts, please feel free to open a support ticket on our website www.REG.am or connect us via LIVE chat or sending e-mail to [email protected].
Our specialists will help you to resolve any issues that you had also by calling us +374 60 401014 .
Best regards REG.am personal
Your partner in .AM zone.